Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Technology Use in High Schools

I went to two schools that had very different levels of technology integration. I believe that it's important to introduce and involve students in technology at the same time they are learning the normal subject areas. I have used a lot of what I learned at my highly integrated school as I have continued in college and even in the summer jobs I have. I have also seen other students who are behind where I am and have problems doing things that they need to know how to do. Smartboards I believe should start to replace traditional blackboards when possible. Using different technologies to complete projects should also be encouraged. In my physics class, we were able to run experiments using simulations and other computer programs that stimulated learning. As I am definitly not a science major, it allowed for me to expand my understanding. For students who are similarly confused by topics, I believe integrating technology in demonstrations increase understanding.

No comments: